Otherwise, you will have to change a setting or maybe two ...
- If you are running Windows 10, you should make the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® your default PDF viewer.
(If you don't have that application, you can download it from here and install it.)
- After the Reader is installed, click on "Settings" (the little gear-looking thing above the Start button),
then on "Apps", then on "Default Apps", then on "Choose default apps by file type".
- Scroll down the long list until you come to ".pdf" in the left-side column.
- If the app beside ".pdf" does not say "Adobe Acrobat Reader," click on the app name.
This should open up a menu with choices. Click on "Adobe Acrobat Reader".
If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser, you'll need to change an option so it will use Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of its built-in PDF viewer.
- Launch Firefox.
- From the Tools menu at the top of the page, select "Options".
- On the General page, scroll down until you find "Applications".
- Scan down the list of file formats until you come to "Portable Document Format (PDF)".
- To the right of that there is a drop-box with a list of possible actions.
Click on the little "down arrow" indicator at the right end.
- The action you want is "Use Adobe Acrobat Reader".
If you are using an Apple computer and have a problem with this, let me know and I'll try to get us some help.
— Roland Foster 717-352-9991
Adobe, Acrobat, and Reader are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Inc.